Decra ShinglesWrite a review of Decra shingles
Read Reviews of Decra Shingles
DECRA Roofing Systems manufactures several lines of stone-coated metal shingles. These shingles resemble architectural shingles: tile, shake and asphalt shingles. DECRA uses a zinc/aluminum-coated steel with an acrylic bonded layer of natural crushed stone. The stone gives the shingles a color finish that resembles traditional materials. These stone-coated shingles resist sun fading, UV rays, rot, and moss infestation. According to the manufacturer, the metal shingles weigh less than traditional roofing products and offer greater longevity.
DECRA Roofing Systems manufactures six lines of shingles:
- DECRA Tile shingles resemble Mediterranean clay tiles and are available in 10 colors;
- DECRA Villa Tile offers homeowners an Italianate look in five colors;
- DECRA Shake shingles are made of metal but designed to look like traditional cedar shake shingles. They are available in seven colors;
- DECRA Shake XD is a steel shingle that provides the rustic look of a handsplit wood shake in one of two colors;
- DECRA Shingle provides the look of traditional asphalt shingles in five colors; and
- DECRA Shingle XD uses thick edges and extra depth to add architectural flavor to the basic asphalt shingle look. It is available in three colors.
DECRA Roofing Systems is the North American division of New Zealand's Fletcher Building Co. The company's process of stone-coating steel roofs was inspired during WWII by the repair of bomb-damaged buildings with corrugated tin roofs. The shiny surface of the tin was disguised from overhead planes by an application of tar and stone. After the war, the tin was inspected and found to have weathered the war years with virtually no weather-related decay. This product line has evolved over the years into the company's present roofing system.
Fletcher Building Co. was founded in the early 20th century and is today one of New Zealand's largest building product manufacturers. In 2012, Fletcher's Building Products Division, of which DECRA is a part, earned annual sales of approximately $558 million USD.
DECRA Shingles carry a 50-year limited liability. The warranty is transferable within the first 10 years of installation and covers the shingles against manufacturer's defects, resistance to wind of 120 miles per hour and resistance to hail damage. If the shingles are defective, they will be covered for individual replacement cost for the first 20 years and on a prorated basis for the remainder of the period. As with all shingles, we recommend you thoroughly review the warranty.
Are you looking for reputable roofing contractors? Roof.info has partnered with a number of companies that provide free roofing quotes from pre-screened, licensed and insured roofers. Try it now! It's quick, easy and free!
Phone: (877) 463-3272
1230 Railroad Street
Corona, CA 92882