Owens-Corning ShinglesWrite a review of Owens Corning shingles
Read Reviews of Owens Corning Shingles
Owens Corning manufactures several shingle lines, including:
- Berkshire, known for architectural, unique-looking slate shingles;
- Duration, architectural shingles known for their contrast and TruDefinition color;
- Oakridge and Oakridge PRO, which has various degrees of shading in appearance;
- Supreme and Classic metric shingles, both made from asphalt with a Fiberglas base, offering a more economical treatment;
- Woodcrest, shingles with a wood shake appearance designed for areas with extreme weather conditions.
- Woodmoor, a thicker and heavier version of the Woodcrest shingle.
History in Shingle Manufacturing
In 1935, Corning Glass and Owens-Illinois merged their companies to pursue the manufacture of glass fiber. In 1938, the joint venture became known as Owens- Corning Fiberglass Corporation. In 1977 they purchased the Lloyd Fry Roofing Company and Trumbull Asphalt and began using their facilities to manufacture Fiberglas mat-based shingles. In 1993 they elected to make only residential roofing products.
- Berkshire shingle colors: Canterbury Black, Colonial, Concord, Manchester Gray, and Sherwood Beige.
- Duration (TruDefinition) shingle colors: Brownwood, Chateau Green, Desert Tan, Driftwood, Estate Gray, Harbor Blue, Onyx Black, Quarry Gray, Teak, and Terra Cotta.
- Duration Designer (TruDefinition) shingle colors: Aged Copper, Merlot, Pacific Wave, Sand Dune, Sedona Canyon, Storm Cloud, and Summer Harvest.
- Duration Premium COOL shingle colors: Frosted Oak, Harbor Fog, Sage, and Sunrise.
- Duration MAX (TruDefinition) shingle colors: Carbon, Granite, Mesquite, Sand Castle, Smokey Mountain, Summerwood, and Sycamore.
- Duration COOL (TruDefinition) shingle colors: Amber, Forest Brown, Mojave, Mountainside, Night Sky, Oyster Shell, Sand Castle, Shasta White, Sierra Gray, and Summerwood.
- Duration® Premium shingle colors: Driftwood, Estate Gray, Onyx Black, and Teak.
- Oakridge shingle colors: Amber, Brownwood, Desert Tan, Driftwood, Estate Gray, Onyx Black, Sand Castle, Shasta White, Sierra Gray, and Teak.
- Woodcrest and Woodmoor shingle colors: Carbon, Chestnut, Granite, Mesquite, Sand Castle, Summerwood, Sycamore, Timber.
- Supreme shingle colors: Amber, Aspen Gray, Autumn Brown, Brownwood, Desert Tan, Estate Gray, Onyx Black, Shasta White.
All Owens Corning shingles come with a Standard Limited Warranty that is included at time of purchase. It includes Tru PROtection coverage for three years on the Classic lines and five years for all others. This warranty covers shingle replacement and labor costs at Owens Corning discretion during time of coverage.
Consumers who buy a complete roofing system and have it installed by an Owens Corning Preferred Contractor are eligible for the System Protection Limited Warranty, the Preferred Protection Limited Warranty, and the Preferred Protection Limited Warranty. These warranties fully cover the shingles and replacement labor for up to 50 years. Terms of the warranty vary according to the shingle.
Owens Corning warranties vary in length from 25 years to lifetime. They may be transferred by filling out the necessary paperwork and the new coverage will cover the new homeowner for up to 50 years. Wind blow-off coverage ranges from winds of 60mph to 130mph. Labor costs for replacing damaged shingles is for three to 10 years. Algae-resistant shingles are covered against algae damage for 10 years.
Are you looking for reputable roofing contractors? Roof.info has partnered with a number of companies that provide free roofing quotes from pre-screened, licensed and insured roofers. Try it now! It's quick, easy and free!
One Owens Corning Parkway
Toledo, Ohio, USA 43659